Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Kids to Kids Around the World


Each kid from Rachel's school that sent a pair of shoes wrote their
name on the bottom. The kids held up a sign with their own name
thanking the child in America for the shoes.
This week a team from Ohio came to deliver shoes to the kids we work with. When Rachel’s mom came back from her trip to Haiti, Rachel wanted to do something to help the kids she saw pictures of. For her birthday she asked for shoes for the kids of Haiti. In the past three years she has collected 2,500 pairs of shoes. With her mom, brother, and friend, Rachel came to us to give those shoes away. Her dream of collecting shoes is now a Non-Profit Organization, Kids to Kids around the world.


I got to join them as they gave shoes away at Agape school, Agape church, and Loving Hearts Home. It was defiantly a different experience being the one already here welcoming the missionaries. I’m glad I got to be a part of what they are doing.
They also brought backpacks with school
supplies for each child.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, I love reading your posts and seeing you mature in your faith. You inspire me to be more diligent in my own time with God. The pictures you post are priceless! I would have loved to have seen the sunrise you mentioned in your post, but I could still appreciate it through your story.

    I'm currently reading "Absolute Surrender" by Andrew Murray. Do I remember correctly that you have read this book? Or was it your mother?

    Also, your Uncle Bill is giving the communion meditation at church this Sunday. I think you would be pleased to hear him address the congregation about how we don't get rewarded in Heaven by having the most "stuff" by by doing the most service for our Heavenly Father. I think you have earned many, many rewards already!

    Bless you for what you do. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it encourages me to hear that others are being inspired and challenged to live differently because of the stories I share. No, haven't read that book yet. It must have been mom.
      I've discovered some verses recently that talk about our eternal lives. 1 John 3:1-3 and Col 3:1-4. Love you too!

      Delete