Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sisters in Christ and fun times


Anna came to visit me! For those of you who don’t know Anna, we became two of four best friends our freshman year of college. Anna and I took our first trip to Haiti together…and 2nd…and 3rd. Well the third, she was here for two months and I visited her.

It was such an encouragement to have her here. I got to introduce her to all my new friends and family and share with her what life is like here. It was good to have another American who loves Haiti to talk with and process through some things with.

She brought some things for me with her. I thought it was just going to be a few things from my parents but I also got two very encouraging notes from two amazing sisters in Christ. I have been overwhelmed recently with the amount of love you all, brothers and sisters, have been pouring out on me. I know you are faithfully praying for me and I thank you so much!

Anna is visiting some other missionaries in Port-de-Paix now and will be back with me for a couple days next week before heading back to America.

 ----------

Ronika is the little girl I live with and sometimes her friend, Gonies, comes over with her mom. The last time she came over the two girls handed me paper, a pencil, and some crayons. They first pointed to the placemats and asked me to draw the picture of the wine bottle, grapes, and cheese.  I did and they were impressed. Then they started pointing to things around the room for me to draw. Each time I was finished they would say, “Bravo.” That’s what we tell the kids at school when they do something well.

After the page was full of drawings they would erase a couple so I could draw something else. It was fun to be creative without the pressure of approval or permanency and they got to have fun just being silly with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment