Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trials made perfect

Yesterday morning I was in a car accident. No one was injured but my car is pretty banged up. God has shown me a lot through this experience and I wanted to share some thoughts with you.


I had decided earlier this week I was going to fast for 24 hours on Wednesday. The Point-in-Time Count was that day. The Point-in-Time Count is done every six months counting the number of homeless in an area. A group of community members survey the town to try and get a better idea of how many homeless men, women, and children there are so that we can be better equipped to help them. Since I was not going to be able to go out Wednesday night I decided to fast and throughout the day keeping in mind and prayer for everyone counting and being counted. I had a few more selfish reasons for wanting to fast on Wednesday as well.


I started out my reading James and praying for my girls I meet with. I left to go to Northside where we would be watching week 2 of the Beth Moore study over James. I was at a 4-way stop. Almost through the intersection I was hit on the driver’s side rear end. A neighbor heard the wreck and called police. We got everything worked out with the police. Thankfully it wasn’t too cold Wednesday morning. I never made it to Northside. My car is still drivable so I went to CCH and started making the necessary phone calls.


(Ironic moment: The other driver and I have the same first and middle name)


Now to the lesson(s) to be learned from all of this…


In 2 Samuel 6 David gets angry at God. David had no right to get angry, he was in the wrong, but because David got angry he got to understand more of who God is. I’m not saying I got angry at God but I do believe I have come to understand God a little more now because of it. God is my Protector. HE should be the only one I fear.


“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” James 1:2-4


I think these verses describe it perfectly. There will be hardships; be filled with joy. You will be tested; have patience. Everything will be achieved.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having so much car trouble :( Anna told me you two had to jump it a few weeks back. Thank goodness everyone was okay!

    ReplyDelete