Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Pignon


This past week Jim, the Regional Director, came to visit all the NMSI missionaries in Haiti. He saw the orphanage in Mirebalais and came to church with us on Sunday. It was good to have him here; to show him what I am doing and talk through things. I learned a lot more about NMSI and what they do. He traveled to Jacmel and Gonaives during the week.
 


This past weekend I went with him to Pignon. Mioche is the missionary living there. Pignon is quieter than Port-au-Prince and a lot easier to walk around. I joined some ladies from the church making paper beads for jewelry they send to the US to sell. They taught me how to make the beads. We visited the school and church Mioche has started. There is an American missionary couple running an orphanage just down the road from Mioche. I got to meet them and see their place. It was a good weekend seeing more of Haiti and meeting more people doing God’s work.

We got to fly back through MAF, Missions Aviation Fellowship. It was a five seat plane. I was reminded of how beautiful Haiti is from above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment