Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

For Someone


In Florida (at the end of May, I went for training) God revealed to me that this trip to Haiti wasn’t going to be about building houses. It was going to be about building relationships so that they can be in a closer relationship with God.

So its day 6 and I have learned that God is not just in control of the big things. He takes care of the little things too; and not just general small things but things that pertain to my personality specifically.

Today I got online and saw an email disusing the budget and it said I needed to keep track of spending money with receipts if possible. Well we had already bought some things and I figured the receipts were long gone but at dinner Carline gave them to me. If I hadn’t read that email earlier I would have no idea why she was giving them to me.

Meals are cooked out back and I’ve glanced out there but hadn’t really been out yet. The other night I was trying to think of a way to ask without intruding and Asmen asked if I liked to cook. I said yes! So she got me a knife and showed me what to cut.

Tonight Carline braided my hair without my asking. I don’t share these stories to say I’m never going to try and learn how to ask more questions but to show that God has been showing me He loves me. He created me and knows everything about me.

I titled this post “for someone” because it may not just be the Haitians I am supposed to show God’s love to but also everyone reading this. So I am writing this Saturday night but whenever I post it I know it will be perfect timing for you.

The truth is you are treasured.

You are perfect even as your Father is perfect.

Atoned.

Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Thank you so much for sharing and it's amazing to see how God is showing you His care for the small things!

    ReplyDelete