Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Repeat that one more time please


When I went to Haiti last January one of the lessons God taught me was that I can’t do it alone. I just saw things I wanted to fix in the Haitians’ lives and I couldn’t. But I also saw the love and passion growing inside my group members for the Haitians and I was encouraged. With our different talents and resources we could make a difference.

This last Sunday God reminded me AGAIN of this lesson. I went to Graceway in Kansas City. They are doing a series called Why Church? They are answering this question by studying through the book of Acts. This past week in Acts 9 the answer to the question Why Church? was Because together we can impact the world.


You can listen to the entire message here

Paul could not have done what he did without the church. (I need to stop and point out that the church here is not one specific church but is referring to all believers) After Saul has an encounter with God and his name changed to Paul he spent the rest of his life telling people about Jesus. He didn’t do this by himself. Some men and women went with him while others stayed behind to invest more where they were at. When Paul was writing to the Philippians he thanked them for providing for him without him asking, because they were praying for him they knew he was in need.


None of us can reach the world by ourselves but all of us have a part in God’s mission for Him to be loved, served, and worshiped by all peoples.



2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with this! I find it interesting though that we value community so much within our own community, but not with the other communities around us. I've never seen a Baptist church teaming up with a United Methodist church for an outreach project. I would go out on a limb and say that most pastors/priests in Wburg probably don't even know each other or think of collaborating on something. God does speak of "one church, his bride". I think that as a whole, our Protestant community in the US doesn't do a good job of being "one church", it's more like lots of different churches that think they have the right doctrine and stand as an island. Surely God had something else in mind when using the singular "one Church", He didn't say "my churches, my bride".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Often we forget the meaning of church. This is something I've been thinking a lot about recently. I like the thought of teaming up and changing the world together. This was great food for thought... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete