Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pray and Seek

I would like to say I have a good prayer life. It’s one of the things we as Christians measure ourselves against. Do I pray enough? But in reality my prayers consisted mostly of things that were going on in my life. I would thank God for things and pray for others when need be but mostly I would pray for God to fix the things that were making my life uncomfortable.

Recently I have discovered that writing my prayers down helps me stay focused on what I am talking to God about and I can look back and see that he has answered my prayers when I forgot that I prayed them. This has also helped me in praying for others. Instead of asking God to bless this person and this person I write down specifically what they need prayer for.

One of my goals as a staff intern and hopefully for the rest of my life is to pray and seek before acting. I don’t want to think because I am in the ministry anything I do that is right is what God wants me to be doing.

This past week being able to spend time sharing life with a few girls has been incredible! I just want to be in a constant conversation with God about what he is doing in the lives of these students. There are so many things to pray for. I don’t know where to start or where to end. It’s not just a list of things I need God to do for me either. Its thanksgivings and more than any time I can remember I want to pray more for others than myself. I have been telling God all this week, “In all I could do to praise you it would not be enough.”

1 comment:

  1. yay! I am glad you feel like you have been able to reach out to people and connect.

    ReplyDelete